Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari will address a joint session of the national assembly on the 2017 budget on December 14.
In a letter to the senate read by Bukola Saraki, the president said he would also speak on his plans to get the economy out of recession.
Last week, the federal? executive council (FEC) approved the 2017 budget, which is estimated to be N7.02trn. The 2016 budget is N6.08trn.
Next year’s budget is predicated on an? oil benchmark of $42.5 per barrel.
The senate has already considered the medium term expenditure framework, which is a precusor to the budget.
- Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila says Lagos needs N1 Trillion to reconstruct properties damaged
- 5 days after it happened, Presidency finally addresses Lekki shootings
- Lagos Attacks: Akeredolu says ‘there is an agenda beyond #EndSARS’
- Curfew in Lagos now from 8pm to 6am says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Oyo State Government to reopen schools on Monday 26th October
- IPOB says it will resume peaceful protests on Monday
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties