Estimated Reading Time: <1
Justice Umar Sadiq of FCT High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja on Tuesday granted former Chief of Naval Staff, Retired Vice Admiral Usman Jibrin’s application to travel abroad for medical treatment.
Sadiq said that Jibrin’s application for medical attention in the UK was granted, believing that the first defendant would not jump bail.
Sadiq then adjourned hearing in the case until Feb. 14 and Feb. 15, 2017.
Jibrin and two others are standing trial for alleged diversion of public funds amounting to N600 million belonging to the Nigerian Navy.
Earlier, Mr Yakubu Maikyau (SAN), Counsel to Jibrin, had prayed the court to grant his client’s application.
Maikyau also prayed the court to release his client’s international passport to enable him to travel for urgent medical attention in the UK.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?