Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo, on Monday described the Igbos as “the most truthful, committed and trustworthy people but often misunderstood in the country.’’
Speaking when he received the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, at the Government House, Owerri, Okorocha said that Imo had witnessed tremendous progress under his leadership.
He described Imo as as “one of the safest states’’ in Nigeria, where there was no more kidnapping, armed robbery, cultism and baby factory syndrome.
He attributed the relative peace and security in the state to the efforts of the security agencies, especially the Nigerian army.
He commended the military for the successes being recorded in the fight against insurgency and terrorism in the North East.
He noted that such successes had not being achieved in Syria and other parts of the world battling terrorism.
Okorocha also commended the army for the “Exercise Crocodile Smile” and newly introduced “Exercise Python Dance” in the South-South and South-East zone.
He urged the security agencies to do whatever they could to secure the pipelines to enable free flow of oil to generate revenue for the nation.
He promised to continue to support the army.
Earlier, Buratai told the governor that he was in the state for the 2016 Chief of Army Staff Conference.
He told the governor that “Python Dance” was a training exercise to update troops in the South- East on the rudiments and basics of their job.
Buratai said that during the conference the army would offer free medical services to the people of the state.
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council
- Schools in Adamawa to reopen October 12
- Breaking: Explosion hits Lagos and Ogun border communities
- Ondo Election: INEC chairman meets with journalists, stakeholders in Akure
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu