Estimated Reading Time: <1
A suspected thief identified as Jamilu Adamu, was Wednesday electrocuted at Kawon Maigari, Hotoro Area in Kano, whie trying to vandalise a fenced public transformer.
In a statement by KEDCO’s spokesperson, Mohammed Kandi, it said the deceased 35 years old was found dead with some tools including sizes 17 and 20 ring and flat spanner in his possession.
Kandi also quoted the firm’s Head of Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Aminu Abubakar as saying, “at the time the Police evacuated the corpse, one of the HV Bushings of the Transformer was loosened from the base, indicating the intention to vandalize the Transformer by removing the Bushings, and possibly the armored cable, as well.”
According to Abubakar, “Judging by the whitish burn on his palm and a huge open gash on his left arm, it is highly likely that power was restored while he was operating, resulting in electric shock, and the ceramic insulator of the bushing shattering to cause the wound on his arm.”
However, an eye witness account disclosed that the deceased was seen loitering around the substation area three days earlier, saying “when he was approached, he told residents that he was there to visit his relative.”
- Ondo State Deputy Speaker has been removed
- #EndSARS: Senate asks FG to use 1% of VAT to repair properties damaged by hoodlums
- Gombe House Of Assembly Speaker, Deputy Speaker impeached
- Buhari writes Senate, seeks Yakubu’s confirmation as INEC Chairman
- Federal High Court commence trial of Abdulrasheed Maina, in his absence
- Fashola says Nigeria needs N500Billion annually to develop road infrastructure
- There is nothing ’embarrassing’ in Nigeria importing fuel from Niger – Minister
- 2023: Governor Umahi says he has no plans for presidential bid
- Soldiers brutalise man in Asaba, tell him to ‘go and die’ in viral video
- #EndSARS: UK Parliament approves sanctions against Nigerian officials implicated in Lekki shooting