Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has congratulated the winner of the Ondo State Governorship election Olurotimi Akeredolu (SAN).
Tinubu in a statement made available to news men said that the time has come for all the aggrieved members of the APC to come together saying that “I appeal to all party members including those who have been disaffected from the primary until today to come together for the good of our party and it’s progressive ideals.”
He also hailed President Muhammadu Buhari, John Oyegun the national leader of the party, saying his stature and dignity has helped to guide ‘the APC to another victory that should advance the progressive aims of the party and the people.’
The statement reads in part “Following the announcement by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) with regard to the governorship elections in Ondo State, I extend congratulations to Mr. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu SAN on the outcome of the election and for his perseverance and persistence in seeking that office,” he said in a statement he personally signed.
“I must also congratulate the people of Ondo State for their generally exemplary conduct on election day and for demonstrating their will to shun the regressive politics of yesterday by returning to the progressive brand of politics that has been the trademark of the people of that state. “I congratulate all party members in the state, particularly the party leadership in the Southwest.
“Finally, I must express profound congratulations to President Muhammadu Buhari, the national leader of the party, whose stature and dignity helped guide the APC to another victory that should advance the progressive aims of the party and the people.
“To all the people and parties in Ondo, your election has been had and held. Now is the time that all must work for the continued development, prosperity and peace of your state and our beloved country.
“I appeal to all party members including those who have been disaffected from the primary until today to come together for the good of our party and it’s progressive ideals.”
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest
- Over 2000 critically endangered vultures dead through deliberate pesticide poisoning
- National Assembly To Meet On Thursday On 2020 Revised Budget
- Cobhams Asuquo has been appointed UNICEF national ambassador
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari