Estimated Reading Time: <1
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has said those plotting and fighting for the dismemberment of Nigeria were bound to fail, noting God didn’t make a mistake in bringing the various ethnic groups together in one country.
Dogara spoke during a reception organised by Northern Nigeria Christian Politicians to honour him and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal, in Abuja weekend.
The speaker, in a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media & Public Affairs, Turaki Hassan, advised those plotting the disintegration of the Nigerian state to have a rethink because their mission was bound to fail.
He said: “ For some of us who think Nigeria was a mistake, or that the North, having aggregated so many ethnic groups, and then two dominant force is a mistake, I want to advice us to do a rethink. “ “The one who put together Nigeria and the North is God and He has the mandate. And anybody who is fighting for the disintegration of this country will not succeed because I believe that God has a plan for Nigeria and l believe God has a plan for northern Nigeria.
“Until God is done with his plan, the north will remain as it is and Nigeria will remain as it is. If anyone can upturn that, it means he is greater than God.”
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman
- Lamorde advocates special court to ensure accelerated hearing of rape cases
- Fredrick Nwabufo: What happened to the $2.1bn arms probe against Dasuki?
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away