Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senate Minority Leader, Sen. Godswill Akpabio, has described Gov. Nyesom Wike of Rivers as Nigeria’s shinning light of infrastructural development.
The statement signed by Mr Simeon Nwakaudu, Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media, said that Akpabio made the commendation during a courtesy visit to Wike in Port Harcourt.
The senate minority leader commended the governor for transforming the state in the last 17 months. Akpabio, a former governor of Akwa Ibom, noted that through careful planning and the right application of resources, Wike had ensured even development across the state despite the economic downturn.
He also commended the governor for his amnesty programme that has improved peace in the state, noting that the restoration of peace in the state had led to the entrenchment of development process.
However, Akpabio urged the Rivers governor to maintain the tempo of development in the state, adding that Nigerians are happy with his giant development strides.
“I am here to commend Governor Wike for his giant development strides across the State; he is a shining light of infrastructural development.
“I urge him to continue to develop Rivers State; this is a governor that has defied the economic downturn to improve the living condition of his people; we are proud of him,’’ Akpabio said.
Responding, Wike said that he remains committed to the rapid development of the state and the empowerment of the people.
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom