Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Niger Delta Avengers have congratulated the President-elect of the United States of America, Mr. Donald Trump, on his electoral victory in the Presidential elections held on Tuesday.
The Avengers said Trump’s victory brought hope to the agitation for the economic emancipation and fiscal federalism in the region.
In a electronic mail sent late Wednesday evening by its spokesman, Mudoch Agbinibo, said the people of the Niger Delta would come victorious just like Trump who fought against world establishments to win the tensed election.
The statement read, “The High Command of the Niger Delta Avengers, the organization at the forefront of the agitation for the economic emancipation and fiscal federalism for the people of the Niger Delta congratulates Donald J Trump, the President-Elect of the United States of America.
“Your hard fought victory against world establishments is hope for the over thirty million oppressed minorities of the Niger Delta, that have being continuously raped and economically colonized because of our God-given resources over last six decades, by the Nigerian state and Islamic fundamentalists in power.”
While expressing desire and believe to work with the US President-elect towards bringing to the world a real change, it added, “we are hoping for a new perfect economic order and relations as it concerns the United States critical assets and interest in the Niger Delta.”
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria