Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday joined thousands of well-wishers from within and outside Nigeria to witness a grand Durbar held to mark the 10th coronation anniversary of Sultan Sa’ad Abubakar III.
No fewer than 3,000 beautifully-dressed horse riders drawn from across Nigeria participated in the durbar, held at the Sultan’s palace in Sokoto.
Prominent Nigerians at the event included former President Olusegun Obasanjo, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Speaker, House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, serving and former Governors, among others.
Bishop Mathew Kukah of the Catholic Church pictured at the colourful durbar in Sokoto…
A mild drama ensued today as former president Olusegun Obasanjo made a dramatic entrance into the Shehu Kangiwa Square, venue of the 10th anniversary Durbar of the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar.
Obasanjo, who arrived the venue of the Durbar after President Muhammudu Buhari was already seated elicited cheers from the crowd who hailed his entrance.
He arrived about 10 minutes after President Buhari was already seated at the venue, a development clearly against protocol. The president according to protocol is supposed to be the last dignitary to arrive at any public function.
Pictured is the Emir of Kano in his vintage Rolls Royce , Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II, who is the chairman of the main organizing committee, said the durbar was to celebrate the invaluable contributions of the Sultan to national development.
- Nigerian Police deny detaining suspended Acting EFCC Chairman
- Federal High court jails ex-NIMASA director seven years for N1.5bn fraud
- Breaking: Federal High Court discharges Government Tompolo over charges of fraud
- Former Zamfara Governor, Yari, allegedly assaults airport official enforcing COVID-19 protocol
- Buhari mourns the passing of Flying Officer, Tolulope Arotile
- Empire actor Bryshere Gray, arrested for domestic assault
- 12 EFCC directors have been suspended with immediate effect
- Delta State introduces property tax to increase revenue
- 5 years after losing an eye to abusive partner, Josina Machel appeals judgement that acquits her abuser
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria’s population and demographic dividends