Estimated Reading Time: <1
Some notable leaders in the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday described the action of the embattled Deputy Publicity Secretary of the Party, Comrade Timi Frank as harmful to the country’s democracy.
They also appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to take steps to protect the country’s democracy by stopping Frank and his sponsors from destroying the ruling party.
The leaders in a statement issued after their meeting in Abuja described the APC as democratic in organizational practice and goals.
Signed by the Chairman of APC United Front, Alhaji Ibrahim Musa, the leaders praised the National Chairman of the Party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun for taking into consideration the shapes of opinion of the different party leaders, supporters and well-wishers concerning the party’s growth and progress.
“APC is not in trouble. Chief John Odigie-Oyegun is not APC’s problem. He is a man of facts, not given over to wild speculation or sensationalism. His moral reputation is a great asset to the party” they said.
The leaders also commended the national chairman for playing according to the rules and policies of the party.
They said controlling the party ahead of 2019 election cannot happen through political blackmail and intimidation
They chided Frank for not respecting the national chairman of the party, urging him and his sponsors to stop factionalizing the party and focus on party programs and policy statements.
‘People like Frank are very inexperienced politicians without focus”.
The leaders who also praised Oyegun for promoting democratic values and adhering to basic elements of internal democracy, urged him not to succumb to any intimidation from anybody.
- Just In: Supreme Court rules that Virtual court sitting not unconstitutional
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019
- Magu-Gate: Prophet Omale responds to money laundering allegations, sues NAN for N1 Billion