Estimated Reading Time: <1
Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Matthew Hassan Kukah has said detained trio of Femi Fani-Kayode, Musiliu Obanikoro and Reuben Abati were looking cheeful in the Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) custody when he visited.
A statement on Monday from EFCC spokesman Wilson Uwujaren said Kukah made the remark on Monay during an unscheduled visit to the Commission’s detention facility and clinic, where he felicitated with some of the inmates which included former ministers, Femi Fani-Kayode, Musiliu Obanikoro and a former Presidential spokesperson, Reuben Abati.
Uwujaren said the revered priest, who was conducted round the facilities by the acting Chairman of the Commission, Ibrahim Magu, expressed delight that the detainees appeared in high spirits despite the discomfort of temporary restriction.
Kukah who prayed for the inmates before his departure, reportedly said: “I discussed with some detained suspects like Femi Fani-Kayode, Musiliu Obanikoro and Reuben Abati; and I am quite pleased they are looking cheerful.”
“I was also happy with the humility of the acting Chairman who took me round and the way he interacted with the detainees. This is what is important for our country so that nobody takes these kinds of things personal. I am happy I came.
“We are all staff of EFCC to the extent that we want a better country and we are doing what needs to be done. We’ll continue praying that God guides you, keeps you safe and ensure that we build a country that we all will be proud of.
“This country has suffered so much, but we hope and pray that we can bring the suffering and trauma to an end as we collectively fight corruption.”?
Uwuharen added that: “Also speaking, Magu assured the inmates that their incarceration was not personal. “It is not personal. This is all about Nigeria and making it better. And I think there is a consensus around this.”
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives