Estimated Reading Time: <1
NewsWireNGR recalls that President Muhammadu Buhari not too long ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to return the N10 billion seized from the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, back to the commission after he was detained and accused of corruption..
The second person to suffer from such accusations of corruption and evntually getting sacked as a result is Mrs Nellie Mayshak.
Federal Government has exonerated a former Director General of Pension Transitional Arrangement Department (PTAD) Mrs. Nellie Mayshak over allegations of misappropriation of funds under her watch.
This was contained in a letter signed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation Mr Babachir David Lawal.
The letter dated September 26, 2016 with a reference no: SGF.12/S.11/C.1/VI/564, reads: “While conveying Mr President’s appreciation to you for your service to the nation during your tenure, may we wish you God’s guidance and best of luck in your future endeavors.”
Several groups, stakeholders, and even pensioners have called on Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, to publish the report of the investigative panel for Nigerians to know the true position of what actually transpired.
The stakeholders, who criticised the action of the government, insisted that issues of national importance be treated with justice, transparency and accountability as her case had lingered since February 2016.
According to a source from the federal Ministry of Finance the committee that was setup by the minister to investigate the allegations that were leveled against the pioneer DG absolved her of all the accusations.
“What we expected from the minister of finance was to issue a letter of apology to Mrs. Mayshak for the wrongful suspension that led to her loss of job,” the source said.
- Oshiomole and Tinubu constitute a threat to our democracy – Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki
- Leaving leadership in the music business was like therapy – M.I Abaga
- COVID-19 protocols: NCAA threatens to revoke license of some airlines
- Osinbajo engages APC Social Media Influencers on hate speech
- Suspected armed robber killed and burned by angry mob in Calabar (Graphic)
- Just In: A Nigerian Army colonel has been killed in a Boko Haram ambush
- Olu Onemola: APC vs. PDP – Was Edo State a Sign or a Fluke?
- 2,500 sacked Cross River State workers protest, demand reinstatement
- COVID-19: Church distribute palliatives worth millions to members in Calabar
- Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has said many Nigerians believe that governors are corrupt