Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has finally succumbed after complaints from governors under the under the umbrella of the All Progressives Congress that they are left out making nominations for political offices.
The governors had met with President Muhammadu Buhari to air their complaints which they were reportedly asked to put in writing.
Governor Imo State, Rochas Okorocha wrote the letter, copying all APC governors.
Okorocha wrote: “Recall the meeting with Progressive Governors of October 23, 2016 on the above subject and the need to take every necessary step to ensure that party stakeholders are carried along as well as equitable distribution.
“Accordingly, Mr. President may wish to expressly request that party stakeholders meet on zonal basis to generate list of recommended nominees for consideration.
“While we await your directive, please accept the assurances of our highest esteem.”
A governor also told the news platform that the President now consults the governors.
“The good thing is that consultations are now taking place, unlike before that the president would just make appointments without consulting us,” he said.
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match