Estimated Reading Time: <1
Pastor of Latter Rain Assembly, Dr. Tunde Bakare, has advocated that the country should return to true federalism to ensure devolution of powers to the component units and ensure their development.
According to him, if Nigeria does not opt for true federalism, the country will be merely be wasting time.
Bakare spoke on Saturday in a speech he delivered at the 14th anniversary of Foursquare Gospel Church, Asokoro, Abuja.
He argued that the prevailing situation had led to over concentration of power and economic resources at the centre.
“The truth must be told, what we need are strong federating units but not a powerful centre. Let every federating unit develop at its pace,”he said.
The cleric also spoke on the ongoing war against corruption in the country, saying the situation had become so bad that even clerics, who should teach morals, were now involved in graft.
Also speaking, Senior Pastor of Foursquare Gospel Church, Asokoro, Babajide Olowodola, stated that what the church had been doing was to make sure that “we are not part of the problem, but working hard to ensure that we bring solutions to the country’s economic problems.”
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April