Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kwankwasiyya movement have issued a 48 hours ultimatum to Kano state governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje to remove his red cap or face legal, as he is no longer a member of the movement.
Addressing a press conference in Kano Friday to mark the 60th birthday of the founder of the movement and 6th anniversary of the movement, Chairman of Hannun Karba, Hannun Rikewa said Alhaji Sharu Garba Gwammaja said Ganduje has betrayed the movement, hence deserved to be disowned.
Gwammaja said: “Earlier, we have offered the governor the sum of N1m to remove his cap and he failed to do so. Now we have given him 48 hours to either remove the red cap which is a symbol of Kwankwasiyya or else we will drag him to court. He deviated from the ideology of Kwanwasiyya and it is high time for him to stop wearing our symbol.”
“Ganduje is enjoying the sympathy of Kano people because of the red cap he is still wearing even though his actions are contrary to the ideology of the movement. So we want him to stop associating himself with the movement because he is not one of us.”
He added that the true meaning of Kwankwasiyya is selfless service to the public, free education for all, promotion of peace and unity as well as respect to the rule of law.
“We appealed to the people of Kano to forgive us for presenting Ganduje to them as governor. We are regretting our action and God’s willing we will ratify it in the next general elections. We hope our apology would be accepted,” he said.
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman
- Lamorde advocates special court to ensure accelerated hearing of rape cases
- Fredrick Nwabufo: What happened to the $2.1bn arms probe against Dasuki?
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away