Estimated Reading Time: <1
More than 25 Nigerians have been arrested in Kenya for staying in the East African country longer than their visas permitted, the Kenya Immigration office has said.
Over 25 Nigerians arrested today in Nairobi; Kasarani, Roysambu, Mirema area for being in the country illegally after their…
— Immigration Kenya (@ImmigrationDept) October 21, 2016
Nigerians were accused of flouting the immigration laws, the Kenyan immigration office said.
According to the Kenyan government, any foreigner seeking accommodation in the country must show valid documentations to be admitted.
“Over 25 Nigerians arrested today in Nairobi, Kasarani, Roysambu, Mirema area for being in the country illegally after their visa validity elapsed. Please give report if any around your area,” the office said.
“Most of them stay like 5 or so in one house. Before you rent any foreigner an house, kindly ask for their valid stay documents in Kenya”.
- Bauchi State Deputy Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- LASG says 4th Mainland Bridge construction will begin early 2021
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse