Estimated Reading Time: <1
More than 25 Nigerians have been arrested in Kenya for staying in the East African country longer than their visas permitted, the Kenya Immigration office has said.
Over 25 Nigerians arrested today in Nairobi; Kasarani, Roysambu, Mirema area for being in the country illegally after their…
— Immigration Kenya (@ImmigrationDept) October 21, 2016
Nigerians were accused of flouting the immigration laws, the Kenyan immigration office said.
According to the Kenyan government, any foreigner seeking accommodation in the country must show valid documentations to be admitted.
“Over 25 Nigerians arrested today in Nairobi, Kasarani, Roysambu, Mirema area for being in the country illegally after their visa validity elapsed. Please give report if any around your area,” the office said.
“Most of them stay like 5 or so in one house. Before you rent any foreigner an house, kindly ask for their valid stay documents in Kenya”.
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria’s population and demographic dividends
- In Nigeria, Lagos Boys Bleach their lips and dare the consequences
- NNPC Sacks 850 Oil Workers – PENGASSAN
- Kwara Governor invites EFCC to probe Kwara LG funds
- Over 200 Lagos doctors have been infected with COVID-19 – Medical Guild
- Decapitated, dismembered body of Gokada CEO found in NYC apartment
- Nigeria’s first female combat helicopter pilot has died
- Enugu airport will reopen August 30
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test