Estimated Reading Time: <1
More than 25 Nigerians have been arrested in Kenya for staying in the East African country longer than their visas permitted, the Kenya Immigration office has said.
Over 25 Nigerians arrested today in Nairobi; Kasarani, Roysambu, Mirema area for being in the country illegally after their…
— Immigration Kenya (@ImmigrationDept) October 21, 2016
Nigerians were accused of flouting the immigration laws, the Kenyan immigration office said.
According to the Kenyan government, any foreigner seeking accommodation in the country must show valid documentations to be admitted.
“Over 25 Nigerians arrested today in Nairobi, Kasarani, Roysambu, Mirema area for being in the country illegally after their visa validity elapsed. Please give report if any around your area,” the office said.
“Most of them stay like 5 or so in one house. Before you rent any foreigner an house, kindly ask for their valid stay documents in Kenya”.
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th