Estimated Reading Time: <1
More than 25 Nigerians have been arrested in Kenya for staying in the East African country longer than their visas permitted, the Kenya Immigration office has said.
Over 25 Nigerians arrested today in Nairobi; Kasarani, Roysambu, Mirema area for being in the country illegally after their…
— Immigration Kenya (@ImmigrationDept) October 21, 2016
Nigerians were accused of flouting the immigration laws, the Kenyan immigration office said.
According to the Kenyan government, any foreigner seeking accommodation in the country must show valid documentations to be admitted.
“Over 25 Nigerians arrested today in Nairobi, Kasarani, Roysambu, Mirema area for being in the country illegally after their visa validity elapsed. Please give report if any around your area,” the office said.
“Most of them stay like 5 or so in one house. Before you rent any foreigner an house, kindly ask for their valid stay documents in Kenya”.
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike