Estimated Reading Time: <1
The senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, on Monday cautioned the northern socio-political group, Arewa Consultative Forum, on its support for the Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.
Mr. Sani spoke on Monday when he received the executive members of the Kaduna State chapter of ACF, led by its chairman, Ramalan Yero.
“ACF should not be like the people of Niger Delta who will support whatever decisions taken by their leaders because they are their own,” Mr. Sani said.
“ACF should support the government where it is right and should also talk where the government goes wrong. What remains for us as northerners is, we must tell ourselves the truth.”
Mr. Sani said it was high time that the northern part of the country improved on education, agriculture and other sectors of the economy.
He urged the ACF to monitor the implementation of government project in the region.
“It is mandatory for associations like the ACF, to call us as the elected leaders of our people to know what has been earmarked for the education, agriculture, industries etc. for the benefit of northerners.
“As at now, all the legacies left behind by the late Sardauna of Sokoto are either in comatose, or they are all dead entirely,” he said.
“For the north to progress one, education, must be revived so that the sons and daughters of the masses can obtain sound and qualitative education. Our ailing industries must be revived. Peasant farmers must be given subsidy.
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa