Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian police has said it is not aware of the abduction of Mrs. Margaret Emefiele, the wife of the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele.
Mrs Margaret was abducted along the Benin-Agbor Road by heavily armed kidnappers on Thursday.
When contacted the Delta state police spokesperson Superintendent Celestina Kalu said the Command is not aware of the Kidnapping.
Also, attempts to reach the Police Force Spokesman DCP, Don Awunah to confirm the kidnapping was unsuccessful as his telephone number was unreachable
Mrs. Emefiele’s kidnap represents one of the most high-profile kidnap cases in 2016.
The kidnappers have made contact with their victim’s husband and demanded a huge sum in ransom.
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace
- 229 more people test positive to COVID-19 in Nigeria, infection exceeds 8000
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai