Estimated Reading Time: <1
Armed gunmen suspected to be members of Boko Haram are currently attacking Kuburvwa Village? which is just 10 km from Chibok Town.
PREMIUM TIMES reports that, an official of the Borno state vigilante Group, Abbas Gava, who confirmed the attack, said suspected sect members stormed the village at about 6.30 p.m, shooting sporadically into the air.
“As I am speaking to you now the gunmen are setting every house on fire after chasing the villagers away. From the information we have received from our operatives in Chibok and Kautikari, the number of casualty cannot be ascertained for now because the Boko Haram insurgents are still in the village” he said.
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April