Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Governor of Nasarawa State, Umaru Al-Makura, has said criminals dislodged by the recent military operation in Zamfara have infiltrated the state.
Al-Makura raised the alarm when the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, visited him in Lafia.
He said that three hideouts of the criminals have been identified in the state and appealed to the Army chief to extend the operation of the army to the state.
“Since the military operation in Zamfara that dispersed the criminal elements, we have noticed a gradual sipping of some of them into our vicinity and we have been able to identify about three areas as their hideout.
“Once we finalise our survey, we shall liaise with you to use your usual formula to defeat the miscreants,” he said.
The governor commended the military for decimating the Boko Haram terrorists, and pledged to support military authority to ensure the take-off of the Command Science Secondary School located in the state.
The governor also appreciated the support of the Army chief in decongesting the Abuja-Keffi highway.
He said the government had set up a task force to relocate all hawkers and petty traders operating along the road, to ensure smooth flow of traffic.
In his response, Buratai said the military was poised to rid the country of all criminal elements wherever they are hiding.
“We have more military exercises to carry out and wherever the criminal elements dispersed by our operations migrated to, we shall follow them and clear their doubts,” Buratai said.
He assured people of the state that the military would continue to monitor and collaborate with other security agencies to address any act of criminality.
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story
- “We are appalled by the worsening security situation” – Nigerian Governors break silence in a letter to President Buhari
- Opinion: The price of under-policing in Nigeria
- Candidate in the NBA elections, Dele Adesina, seeks election cancellation
- Just In: Ekiti workers suspend warning strike
- ‘Oshiomhole seeking the third term as a governor’ by proxy – Edo State Deputy Governor
- Oyewole Michael: One year after, will Dadiyata ever be found?
- NDDC Management denies fresh corruption allegations in new statement
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce says NIPOST guidelines must be removed