Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Borno state Governor, Alhaji Kashim Shettima has lambasted the Bring back our girls group (BBOG ) for not taking out time to visit Chibok community in any of their protest.
Shettima stated this when Minister of women Affairs, Aisha Jumai Alhassan paid him a courtesy in his council chambers at government house Maiduguri on Friday.
He decried that none of the members of the BBOG have bothered to visit the community they are protesting for hence he concluded that the whole creation of drama by the group through Visiting of presidential villa is politically calculated.
” Just last week, we expended a whoping sum of N25 million for the education of the 56 Chibok school girls that escaped from Boko Haram and none of the members of BBOG has visited Chibok to know about the feelings of the parents of the girls.
” They can make a whole lot of noise from the comfort of Abuja, They can dramatize the whole thing. Some of them are former minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and know the protocol of visiting the President, but choose to dramatize their visit.
” majority of victims of Boko Haram are women and children. In Maiduguri, the capital city of Borno state, we have over 39,000 orphans and in Monguno local government area of the state, we have over 38000 of them and the same applies to other parts of the state. And yet no group or pressure group nor characters in the social media cares to know about this “, shettima said to the Minister.
He cautioned that if nothing urgent is done to address the problem of these vulnerable gruop, some thing more than Boko Haram will consume the nation.
Shettima appealed to the Minister to partner Borno state government in addressing some of the challenges facing women and children in the state through her ministry.
Responding, the Federal Minister of women Affairs, Hajiya Aisha Jumai Alhassan congratulated Governor kashim Shettima for his courage in steering the affairs of the state despite the security challenges.
She told the Governor that she was in the state to flag off federal government micro finance free interest loan scheme to over 10,000 women across the 27 local government area of the state in collaboration with Hajiya Nana Kashim Shettima to address poverty among women of Borno who have tested the bitter side of the terrorists.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: The injurious lies in Buhari’s Independence Day speech
- Protesters besiege the US embassy Abuja, demands Buhari’s resignation
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria
- Nigeria At 60: Let the Nigerian youth keep sleeping
- Nigeria’s diversity can be built on, to become a source of strength – CDD
- Nigeria@60: Full text of President Buhari’s Independence Anniversary Speech