Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has accredited 44 observer groups for the Sept.10 gubernatorial election in Edo.
The INEC Public Relations Officer in the state, Mrs Prisillia Sule, confirmed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Benin on Saturday.
Sule said the commission accredited 37 domestic observer groups and seven foreign observer group that would participate in the poll.
The spokesperson, however, urged all the accredited groups to deliver credible and reliable information to members of the public during and after the election coverage.
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law
- Social Media Bill and Hate Speech Bill – Drop Them Now!