Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has accredited 44 observer groups for the Sept.10 gubernatorial election in Edo.
The INEC Public Relations Officer in the state, Mrs Prisillia Sule, confirmed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Benin on Saturday.
Sule said the commission accredited 37 domestic observer groups and seven foreign observer group that would participate in the poll.
The spokesperson, however, urged all the accredited groups to deliver credible and reliable information to members of the public during and after the election coverage.
- Enugu airport will reopen August 30
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test
- American woman rescued after being held by Nigerian facebook lover for more than a year
- House propose 5-year ban from partisan politics for ex-electoral officials
- National Assembly will engage security agencies to prevent killings in Kaduna – Lawan
- Pope Francis appoints the auxiliary bishop of Onitsha Archdiocese, into Pontifical Council
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly