Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Speaker, Delta State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Monday Igbuya on Thursday blamed the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the country’s woes. He also accused the party of mismanaging the country’s economy.
“The APC has not fulfilled its promises. It has not solved the social problems, neither has it solved the economic problems. It has destroyed the economy, particularly the nation’s currency. The poor can no longer buy garri, rice and other foodstuff. APC is making a mess of the nation’s situation” he lamented.
Igbuya who spoke in Sapele described the change agenda of the APC as a mere propaganda, the APC government as clueless and the members of the party as great liars.
He attributed the current economic situation in the country to the propounding of half-baked solutions by the current national government. Igbuya who took time to look deeper and higher about the present day predicament said “our deliverance lies in our own hands” The representative of Sapele State constituency urged Nigerians at home and abroad to reject the APC in 2019.
“The APC preaches the gospel of change. Who is deceiving who? As a people, we must face realities squarely and decide what we want. Igbuya who was in oil rich Ugborhen, Okuovu, Edegbrode, Amukpe and Sapele-Okpe community for the 2016 town hall meetings urged the people to see politics beyond the spectator-spot. He said the progress of the country can only be measured by the improvement of the quality of the citizen’s life.
“The House of Assembly will continue to promote good governance, enhance unity and expand the economic base of the state. It will continue to protect the disadvantaged group” he said.
He thanked the people for voting PDP in 2015. “Governor Ifeanyi Okowa is doing very well. He is a listening governor. The dualization of Amukpe- Ajogodo Road is aimed at making Sapele a modern city. Governor Okowa will work on all the roads in Sapele. He will complete the Sapele market and the stadium.
The PDP government will continue to empower the people of Sapele” he said.. Igbuya who endorsed Okowa for the 2019 governorship election urged the people to support the governor.
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit