Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), said it would deploy 18,511 personnel for the conduct of Sept. 10 governorship election in Edo.
This is contained in the commission’s daily bulletin issued on Thursday in Abuja.
The number, according to the commission, will comprise one Returning Officer, 18 Local Government Area Collation Officers, 192 Registration Area Collation Officers and 263 Supervisory Presiding Officers.
Others are 2,627 Presiding Officers, 12,036 Assistant Presiding Officers (APOs) I, II and III; 2,530 Assistant Presiding Officers and 728 Reserve APOs.
Also on the deployment list were 19 LGA Supervisors, with one “Headquarters Reserve’’ and 97 Registration Area Cluster Supervisors as well one headquarters reserve.
Edo, with 18 local government areas, has a total of 1,925,105 registered voters, 192 Registration Areas, 2, 627 Polling Units and 4, 011 Voting Points.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown