Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), said it would deploy 18,511 personnel for the conduct of Sept. 10 governorship election in Edo.
This is contained in the commission’s daily bulletin issued on Thursday in Abuja.
The number, according to the commission, will comprise one Returning Officer, 18 Local Government Area Collation Officers, 192 Registration Area Collation Officers and 263 Supervisory Presiding Officers.
Others are 2,627 Presiding Officers, 12,036 Assistant Presiding Officers (APOs) I, II and III; 2,530 Assistant Presiding Officers and 728 Reserve APOs.
Also on the deployment list were 19 LGA Supervisors, with one “Headquarters Reserve’’ and 97 Registration Area Cluster Supervisors as well one headquarters reserve.
Edo, with 18 local government areas, has a total of 1,925,105 registered voters, 192 Registration Areas, 2, 627 Polling Units and 4, 011 Voting Points.
- Why we arrested Salihu Tanko-Yakasai – DSS Reveals
- Terrorists have resumed operations in Kagara, kill four
- PDP Condemns arrest of Salihu Tanko Yakasai, by the Department of State Services
- Group demands the release of Salihu Yakasai, abducted for criticising the President
- Abduction Scare: Kano State Governor orders the closure of four tertiary institutions in the state
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released