Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) has sacked three senior Prisons officers serving in Kuje Medium Security prison and three other senior officers serving in Koton Karfe prison for their alleged complicity in the escape of prisoners from the respective prisons.
The board took the decision at its emergency meeting held on Thursday 11th August, 2016.
The dismissal letters dated 12th August, 2016 were signed by the Secretary to the Board Alhaji A A Ibrahim.
The letter reads in part, “Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) considered the allegation of serious misconduct arising from your negligence of duty as leveled against you.
“The Board thereafter approved your immediate dismissal from the Nigerian Prisons Service.. in line with the provision of the Public Service Rule 030402 (O) being an action prejudicial to the security of the State”.
The Controller-General of Prisons in his capacity has also approved the dismissal of 7 junior staff serving in Kuje Medium Security prison and 10 other junior staff serving in Koton Karfe prison also implicated in the escape saga.
The affected officers are to hand over all government properties within their possession to their immediate superior and proceed accordingly.
On another related development, the officer in charge of Nsukka Prison DCP Okonkwo Lawrence and 10 others have been suspended over the recent jail break in the prison.
The suspension is to allow for thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the recent jail break.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid