Estimated Reading Time: <1
Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Tuesday said the present hardship being experienced by Nigerians was as a result of misrule of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Oshiomhole stated this at a campaign rally of the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Mr Godwin Obaseki, at Ikhin and Amoya, both in Owan East Local Government Area of the state.
He said that PDP leadership used the funds meant for the development of the country to line their pockets.
He appealed to the people to be patient as President Mohammudu Buhari-led government was working hard to fix the problems. The governor, therefore, said that the only way Nigerians, and Edo people in particular, could punish PDP for the hardship they unleashed on the masses was to continue to vote them out at every election.
“The PDP caused this hardship we are all going through. They pocketed the money meant to buy arms to prosecute the Boka Haram urgency in the North-East. “They also stole monies meant to construct roads, build airports, hospitals. They caused the dollar to be far higher than the naira. “But, while we are pained, I will urge us all to continue to punish them with our votes,” he said.
While commending the people for keeping fate with the APC, the governor urged them to be patient as there was still more work to be done.
According to him, we all know that we have worked as a government, but I want to tell you that there is still more work to be done. This is why we are asking you again not to relent on your support for the party. “I want you all to vote Godwin Obaseki as governor, come Sept. 10, for these works left undone to be completed.”
Addressing the crowd, Obaseki said that if elected, the focus of his administration would be human capital development, and advised the people not to be deceived by PDP’s “lies of working for the people when voted back to office’’.
He said PDP’s 10-year administration in the state was a disservice to the people.
“People never knew that government is all about service before the coming of the APC government. Their government was all about sharing money against working for the generality of all.
“We will not allow any disservice again in this state, not especially after the wonderful work of this present government which I am part of.”
Similarly, Mr Pally Iriase, a member of the House of Representatives, told the people that it was only a good government that could bring good things to them. Iriase, who represents Owan Federal Constituency, said that APC government in the state was good, and had shown and established that it was truly working for the people.
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria
- Nigeria At 60: Let the Nigerian youth keep sleeping
- Nigeria’s diversity can be built on, to become a source of strength – CDD
- Nigeria@60: Full text of President Buhari’s Independence Anniversary Speech
- Nigeria@60: Atiku calls for youth-centred development plan
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1