Estimated Reading Time: <1
Sen. Shehu Sani (APC Kaduna Central) said Gov. El-Rufai of Kaduna State had no justification to blame the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Nigeria’s problems.
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, during his visit on Tuesday, to condole with Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, over his mother’s death, at his the Tudun Wada residence, in Kaduna. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State (2nd right), and Senator Sheu Sani.
Speaking in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Monday, Sani said all defectors from PDP were part of the party and should not absolve themselves of blame.
He said that the governor was a PDP beneficiary for 14 years out of the 16 years of the part’s reign and as such could not claim to be innocent.
He added that the Kaduna state governor came to limelight through the PDP from 1999 until 2014 when he joined the All Progressives Congress (APC).
“If you google El-Rufai, you will see him from 1999 but if you google Shehu Sani, you will see him from 1989.
“So you can see. He was brought to limelight by virtue of being in the politics of the PDP.
“I laughed at him when he said `the PDP has destroyed Nigeria for 16 years’ while he enjoyed 14 years out of the 16.
“For somebody who has spent 14 out of the 16 years, you cannot say he’s a repented man in two years.
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa