Estimated Reading Time: <1
Victory for Kano chapter of All Progressive Congress during a weekend by-election following a landslide victory against all comers in the constituency election.
Announcing the hotly contested election the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared Tasi’u Ibrahim of the All Progressives Congress as the winner of the state House of Assembly bye-election in Minjibir.
The returning Officer, Professor Abu Mohammed, said that the APC candidate polled 21, 970 votes to defeat 14 other contestants. Professor Muhammad disclosed that , Auwalu Ubale of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) who was purported to have withdrawn from the race came a distant second with 1, 238 votes.
The Returning officer who was overwhelmed by the peaceful conduct of the election thumbed up for Stakeholders for their cooperation and understanding throughout the election period.
He also commended security personnel deployed to the area to maintain peace for their efforts toward ensuring peace.
The weekend election at Minjibir was botched last April 30 b due to security challenges midway through the election that raised political temperature in the state.
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation
- VP Osinbajo urges leaders of destination countries to insist on repatriation of illicit funds & their proceeds
- INEC replaces manual voting with automated voting system
- NNPC to be commercialized in new PIB draft – Minister
- We will pass the Petroleum Industry Bill speedily says Gbajabiamila
- President Buhari says “we need a corruption-free public sector to achieve transformation”
- Amaechi left a legacy of white elephant projects says Governor Wike
- N2.67 billion school feeding funds have been diverted to private accounts; ICPC reveals