Estimated Reading Time: <1
Victory for Kano chapter of All Progressive Congress during a weekend by-election following a landslide victory against all comers in the constituency election.
Announcing the hotly contested election the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared Tasi’u Ibrahim of the All Progressives Congress as the winner of the state House of Assembly bye-election in Minjibir.
The returning Officer, Professor Abu Mohammed, said that the APC candidate polled 21, 970 votes to defeat 14 other contestants. Professor Muhammad disclosed that , Auwalu Ubale of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) who was purported to have withdrawn from the race came a distant second with 1, 238 votes.
The Returning officer who was overwhelmed by the peaceful conduct of the election thumbed up for Stakeholders for their cooperation and understanding throughout the election period.
He also commended security personnel deployed to the area to maintain peace for their efforts toward ensuring peace.
The weekend election at Minjibir was botched last April 30 b due to security challenges midway through the election that raised political temperature in the state.
- New details emerge on the arrest of Abia lawyer allegedly detained by DSS without trial
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges