Estimated Reading Time: <1
One of the militant groups that have emerged since renewed militancy in the Niger Delta began, the Ultimate Warriors of Niger Delta, on Saturday said it had nothing to lose if oil production is disrupted in Nigeria.
The militant group, considered as an affiliate of the rampaging Niger Delta Avengers, described the alleged double speak of the Federal Government on dialogue with the people of the region as worrisome and inciting.
In a statement it issued, the militant group said the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta should stop parading itself as leader of militant groups in the region.
The group said, “We have said it before that we have nothing to lose on the bombing of oil pipelines because our mission is to ground the oil economy if our demands are not met. We have said we are doing what we are doing to prod the government to renegotiate the control of our oil resources and other related matters.
“We have watched with chagrin the recent utterance by the President (Muhammadu Buhari) and the Vice President (Yemi Osinbajo) and all we are see in them are double standard and lips service to the demand of the groups as its concerns the Niger Delta question and that is why all of our units and affiliates have not fully heeded to our ceasefire. Today, the president will say something, tomorrow his deputy and some of their dishonest and selfish lieutenants will contradict him and that only show how confused and unserious the government is about the problems and how to deal with them,” the militants stated.
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande