Estimated Reading Time: <1
Prominent Northern academic and Second Republic lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Mohammed has claimed that a cabal in the Presidency doctored the Arms Procurement Probe Report so as not to indict the former Chief of Army Staff and Minister of Interior, Major General Abdulrahman Dambazau (rtd) and former Director of Procurements, Defence Headquarters, who is the current Chief Of Army Staff, Major General Tukur Buratai.
Speaking with The Guardian, Mohammed said: “Nigerians should recall that the three Chiefs of Army Staff who served during the period under review included Major General Abdulrahman Dambazau, who is also the current Minister of Interior, Major General Azubuike Ihejirika, Major General Kenneth Minimah and Major General Tukur Buratai, who before his appointment as the current Chief of Army Staff, was Director of Procurement, Defence Headquarters for years.
“The Report of the Committee was doctored in the Presidency by some cabal after it was submitted, to shield Dambazau and Buratai who were allegedly indicted.”
“Dambazau is a close ally of Alhaji Mamman Daura, who is President Buhari’s nephew, and also head of the ‘cabal’ in Buhari’s presidency today. Buratai is an ally of Dambazau and President Buhari. So there is no way the Presidency will not shield the duo.”
Mohammed said that there was no way Buratai and Dambazau would not have been indicted in the Report, having served as director of procurement in the Defence Headquarters and Chief of Army Staff under the period reviewed.
“Why is Ihejirika under any form of detention now? Why is he being harassed, when the Presidency is shielding some persons indicted in the report? Is it because he is not President’s ally or not from the North? President Buhari should publish the original copy of the Report, the way that of Nigerian Air Force mess was made public,” Mohammed said, stressing that nothing will happen to Dambazau and Buratai as long as the cabal holds sway in Aso Rock.
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- #Revolutionow protesters in Osun may be locked up for 14 days as DSS obtains detention order
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves N59.7 Million for Amotekun
- Nigeria, along with other ILO Member countries, ratify convention on child labour
- Health workers in Bauchi to begin strike on Thursday
- Association of aircraft pilots and engineers threaten to shut down all airlines over sacked pilots
- Arrested #RevolutionNow protesters released; they violated COVID-19 protocols says FCTA
- Edo Elections: Deputy governor accuses Oshiomhole of N80 million bribe to lawmakers
- Edo State Deputy Speaker impeached
- Kaduna state government is not aware of any land grabbing incidents says Governor El-Rufai