Estimated Reading Time: <1
Abia state governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu resumed office today, July 11 at the Abia state government house, Umuahia despite the conflicting court orders recently that put the state in a political logjam.
— Sam Hart (@hartng) July 11, 2016
On Monday, June 27, a Federal High Court in Abuja sacked Ikpeazu for allegedly submitting false information to his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), ahead of the party’s governorship primary election in December 2014.
Justice Okon Abang ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to immediately issue a certificate of return to the plaintiff, Uche Ogah, who polled the second highest number of votes in the primary election.
See photos of the governor in his office earlier today, Published by Sam Hart, aide to the governor.:
He (Ikpeazu) insisted he remains the governor, declared a two-day holiday and immediately approached a Federal High Court in Owerri who gave him a favourable judgement.
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo