Estimated Reading Time: <1
Abia state governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu resumed office today, July 11 at the Abia state government house, Umuahia despite the conflicting court orders recently that put the state in a political logjam.
— Sam Hart (@hartng) July 11, 2016
On Monday, June 27, a Federal High Court in Abuja sacked Ikpeazu for allegedly submitting false information to his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), ahead of the party’s governorship primary election in December 2014.
Justice Okon Abang ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to immediately issue a certificate of return to the plaintiff, Uche Ogah, who polled the second highest number of votes in the primary election.
See photos of the governor in his office earlier today, Published by Sam Hart, aide to the governor.:
He (Ikpeazu) insisted he remains the governor, declared a two-day holiday and immediately approached a Federal High Court in Owerri who gave him a favourable judgement.
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents