Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Chief of Army staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai has revealed that members of the Boko Haram sect have fled from Nigeria.
Buratai also said the Multi-National Task Force has chased away the terrorists operating around Nigeria’s borders.
The Army chief said “We are further consolidating the successes by opening roads to allow people move about freely without the fear of any attack. We will continue to do that. Yesterday I was in Maiduguri and a day before yesterday.
“We have been able to open the Dikwa road up to Gamboru Ngala. We must certify that all the routes are safe and to also get people to be more confident and we have to assure them of that.”
He also said “Otherwise, virtually all parts of the Northeast can be moved in but people are still apprehensive but you can see that the Multi-National Joint TaskForce is operating in the northern part of Borno and southern parts of Niger Republic and parts of Chad. This where you see most of the remnants of Boko Haram are concentrated now.
“But I must tell you that joint efforts are on the way to make sure that these terrorists are further pushed away from these areas.
That is the clearance operation we are doing. I was in Kangarwa just a few meters to the boarders and that is where our troops have been operating and they would continue to advance to clear the remnants there.
“It’s a joint effort now; you will see the Chadian, Nigerien, Cameroonians and our troops doing the clearance operations.”
The Nigerian Army on Wednesday, July 6, 2016, reopened the Maiduguri-Dikwa-Gamboru road three years after it was closed by Boko Haram.
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why
- Nigeria’s continuous battle with married women and ‘state of origin’
- Just In: APC lists, Oyegun, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Others, members of Edo Guber campaign council – read complete names
- OPay to shut all Nigerian operations excluding payments
- Nigerian table tennis champions qualify for 2021 Olympics