Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Chief of Army staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai has revealed that members of the Boko Haram sect have fled from Nigeria.
Buratai also said the Multi-National Task Force has chased away the terrorists operating around Nigeria’s borders.
The Army chief said “We are further consolidating the successes by opening roads to allow people move about freely without the fear of any attack. We will continue to do that. Yesterday I was in Maiduguri and a day before yesterday.
“We have been able to open the Dikwa road up to Gamboru Ngala. We must certify that all the routes are safe and to also get people to be more confident and we have to assure them of that.”
He also said “Otherwise, virtually all parts of the Northeast can be moved in but people are still apprehensive but you can see that the Multi-National Joint TaskForce is operating in the northern part of Borno and southern parts of Niger Republic and parts of Chad. This where you see most of the remnants of Boko Haram are concentrated now.
“But I must tell you that joint efforts are on the way to make sure that these terrorists are further pushed away from these areas.
That is the clearance operation we are doing. I was in Kangarwa just a few meters to the boarders and that is where our troops have been operating and they would continue to advance to clear the remnants there.
“It’s a joint effort now; you will see the Chadian, Nigerien, Cameroonians and our troops doing the clearance operations.”
The Nigerian Army on Wednesday, July 6, 2016, reopened the Maiduguri-Dikwa-Gamboru road three years after it was closed by Boko Haram.
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS