Estimated Reading Time: <1
25-year-old man, Bode Shobowale, was on Friday charged before a Badagry Chief Magistrates’ court, Lagos State for allegedly assaulting his ex-lover by flogging her with a horsewhip.
The accused, whose address is unknown, is facing a charge of assault.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Innocent Uko, told the court that the accused committed the offence on July 2 at Araromi area in Badagry.
Uko noted that the accused and the complainant, Miss Keji Ajala, got into an argument over the latter’s phone.
“They were together in the room when the accused wanted to go through the phone of the complainant but she refused and this led to a heated argument.
“It was in the middle of the argument that the accused took a horsewhip from under his bed and flogged the complainant several times, all over her body,” he said.
Uko noted that the offence contravened Section 170 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the charge preferred against him.
Counsel to the accused, Mr Demola Akinwunmi, pleaded with the court to admit the accused to bail on liberal terms.
The Magistrate, Mr Abiodun Etti, granted the accused bail in the sum of N100, 000 and a surety, who must provide evidence of tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents