Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected militants have blown up three Chevron Nigeria Limited, CNL, manifolds in Digbolo, near Dibi in Warri North Local Government of Delta State.
The incident it was gathered occurred at about 11.00 pm on Wednesday. Claiming responsibility for the attack, the Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, said: “Between the hours of 10:50pm to 11:10 pm, our (Niger Delta Avengers) strike team blew up Chevron manifolds.”
The statement signed by its spokesperson, Brig. Gen Mudoch Agbinibo, while wishing Muslims a happy Eid Mubarak celebration, said: “The manifolds are RMP 22, 23 and 24.”
The group however, denied attack on the NNPC pipeline in Eleme, Rivers State, posted by on a Niger Delta Avengers Facebook account it described as fake.
Warning the public that it is shutting down all its social media accounts, the group said: “Niger delta Avengers is not out to mislead the public, as a result, we are closing our entire social network accounts.”
“This Facebook Account/page is an impostor page that was open by fraudster to deceive the general public.”
Speaking further, it said: “We warning any group that wants to do anything to go about their activities without tagging us (Niger Delta Avengers). Instead do your activities and claim responsibility.”
“Niger Delta Avengers is not out to mislead the public as a result we are closing all our Social network accounts and will be using our websites to pass information to the general public,” it added.
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019
- Magu-Gate: Prophet Omale responds to money laundering allegations, sues NAN for N1 Billion
- “Publish all tenders and all contracts” – Okonjo-Iweala said she saved billions of dollars as finance minister
- Fire guts World Trade Centre, Abuja
- Former NDDC boss Joi Nunieh accuses Niger Delta minister Akpabio of sexual harassment