Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected militants have blown up three Chevron Nigeria Limited, CNL, manifolds in Digbolo, near Dibi in Warri North Local Government of Delta State.
The incident it was gathered occurred at about 11.00 pm on Wednesday. Claiming responsibility for the attack, the Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, said: “Between the hours of 10:50pm to 11:10 pm, our (Niger Delta Avengers) strike team blew up Chevron manifolds.”
The statement signed by its spokesperson, Brig. Gen Mudoch Agbinibo, while wishing Muslims a happy Eid Mubarak celebration, said: “The manifolds are RMP 22, 23 and 24.”
The group however, denied attack on the NNPC pipeline in Eleme, Rivers State, posted by on a Niger Delta Avengers Facebook account it described as fake.
Warning the public that it is shutting down all its social media accounts, the group said: “Niger delta Avengers is not out to mislead the public, as a result, we are closing our entire social network accounts.”
“This Facebook Account/page is an impostor page that was open by fraudster to deceive the general public.”
Speaking further, it said: “We warning any group that wants to do anything to go about their activities without tagging us (Niger Delta Avengers). Instead do your activities and claim responsibility.”
“Niger Delta Avengers is not out to mislead the public as a result we are closing all our Social network accounts and will be using our websites to pass information to the general public,” it added.
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC
- Atiku ask Governors to embrace unity and solve Nigeria’s insecurity crisis
- ‘Military needs modern weapons and training’ – IBB says
- Hoodlums attack INEC Headquaters in Enugu
- Insecurity: PDP Governors to meet in Oyo State