Estimated Reading Time: <1
Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, on Thursday, faulted President Muhammadu Buhari’s insistence that Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable, arguing that the President’s view showed that he has not realized that a new trend of resolving such issues had taken over.
The President, while having an audience with some people who paid him sallah homage at the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja, quoted former head of state, General Yakubu Gowon’s stand during the Nigeria-Biafra war that the task of keeping Nigeria as one united entity is a task that must be done.
Reacting on the President’s statement, MASSOB leader, Chief Uchenna Madu said the Movement totally disagreed with the President, describing his statement as an expression of somebody who still believed in old ways of doing things.
He said: “The President, in inner sense of reasoning, believes that he will easily crush Biafra, maybe with his intimidating tendencies over Igbo governors, National Assembly members, religious/ opinion/ political leaders.
MASSOB views the President’s constant negative comments on Biafra consciousness as a sign of jittery.
“As every revolutionary struggle has its own methodology, the current Biafran struggle for actualization and restoration will continue to unfold confusing methods to the President.
The involvement of Niger Delta Avengers and other Niger Delta freedom fighters in the Biafra struggle will continue to hunt those opposed to the actualization of Biafra”.
Madu said some of the decisions of the present administration in Nigeria were even assisting and justifying the struggle for the Biafra Republic, adding that the consciousness of Christians in the Southern part and Middle Belt of the country had been reawakened.
He boasted that no man can crush Biafra because, according to him, God, history and humanity were on the side of the agitators.
- Justice Akon Ikpeme has been confirmed as Cross River State Chief Judge
- Nigeria has recorded its worst rating on Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index
- Members of host communities broke into a fight at PIB public hearing
- Fact Check: Photo shared as evidence of Nigerian Army’s attack in Orlu is false
- Getting pregnant out of wedlock is embarrassing to the Police Force – Police PRO
- COVID-19: Federal Government cannot force anyone to take the vaccine – Sultan of Sokoto
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike