Estimated Reading Time: <1
Following insinuations of artificial hindrances made to slow down the anti-corruption war of the present government, President Muhammadu Buhari has warned that masterminds of such acts would meet their waterloo soon.
The President stated that he was undaunted in the fight against social vices in the country, saying that no degree of campaign of hate would deter him.
He stated that the level of rot perpetrated especially by the immediate past government was alarming and has to be cleansed.
President Buhari spoke while breaking the Ramadan fast at the Presidential Villa, Abuja with some low members of the society, drawn from physically challenged persons, hair dressers, keke Napep operators, taxi drivers, butchers, traders, road transport workers, Internally Displaced Persons(IDPs), Buhari support organization among others.
He however assured that the Federal Government was deploying a lot of resources to improve a number of critical infrastructure, including power, road and medical facilities.
“We are committed to tackling corruption in this country, but whoever tries to deter us from fighting corruption will suffer the consequences,”he said.
Buhari also expressed optimism for massive food production in the country, especially in rice and wheat given the volume of rainfall this year.
“This year I think we are indeed lucky. I met most of the Northern Emirs recently and I asked them about the rainfall in their domain, some of them were even complaining that the rains were getting too much.
“That to me was an indication that we are going to have a bumper harvest towards the end of this year.
“I believe with this commitment we should not only feed ourselves in terms of rice and wheat and other food crops but we will be able to export to other countries and maybe attract foreign exchange too,”he said.
Highlight of the event was the serving of food to a physically challenged person by president Buhari.
- Tinubu describes Obaseki as an errant, ill disciplined governor and a dictator, who has been contemptuous of the people of Edo state
- Breaking: European Union lifts travel restrictions
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Naira Marley irritates the hypocrisy in all of us
- Buhari signs amended Companies Allied Matters bill
- Lai Mohammed says the hate speech N5 million fine is to deter those willing to destabilise Nigeria
- DG of the Progressive Governors forum says party is losing electoral value
- Just In: NUPENG orders tanker drivers to Suspend services in Lagos
- Candidate of the APC in Edo State, Ize-Iyamu says he does not want to go to Jail
- Former Nassarawa SSG cleared of all allegations of financial misappropriation
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion