Estimated Reading Time: <1
The issues bedeviling the recent Edo State gubernatorial primaries conducted by the All Progressives Congress (APC) may not be over as Concerned APC members from Edo State staged a peaceful protest at the national secretariat, Abuja, calling for the cancellation of the primaries that produced Godwin Obaseki as the gubernatorial candidate of the party.Recall that aggrieved Edo State governorship aspirants on the platform of the party after a meeting with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation recently, had agreed to throw their weight behind the winner.
The group alleged irregularities, appearance of non-accredited delegates at the voting center, and delays in release of petitions appeal results as some of the issues that necessitated their call for the cancellation of the process.
The leader of the protest, Austin Eghosa, said that the move became necessary so that the opposition in the state would not use the loopholes in the primaries to capture power in the state.
Two of the aspirants, Christopher Ogiemwonyi and Kenneth Imansuagbon, who scored 247 and 137 votes respectively had challenged the result of the primaries.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown