Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Sierra Leone Deputy High Commissioner to Nigeria, Rtd. Major General Nelson Williams has been kidnapped.
It was gathered that General Williams was abducted on his way to Kaduna from Abuja where he was to attend a military graduation ceremony.
Report says as at 4:00am on Friday, the embassy accountant received a strange phone call from the kidnappers, who demanded for a ransom of 44 million Naira (about $150,000).”, the Embassy sources said.
The kidnappers have now called the Embassy twice this morning threatening unsavory outcome if their ransom demand is not met.
According to sources, one of the calls had Nelson Williams sounding very low and frightened. The whereabouts of his driver (and those he was supposed to be with on the said trip), is presently unknown.
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters