Estimated Reading Time:
Fani-Kayode and Usman alongside Danjuma Yusuf and Jointrust Dimensions Nigeria Limited were on June 28 arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission before Justice M. S. Hassan on a 17-count charge bordering on conspiracy, stealing, corruption and making cash payments exceeding the amount authorized by law.
The accused persons are alleged to have diverted about N4.9 billion belonging to the Federal Government of Nigeria for political and personal uses.
They had pleaded not guilty.
Consequently, their counsel, Ferdinand Orbih, SAN, Ifedayo Adedipe (SAN) and S. I. Ameh (SAN) moved the motion for bail, having filed separate applications in which they prayed the court to release their clients on bail. But the prosecuting counsel Rotimi Oyedepo said he needed time to respond to the applications.
Justice Hassan consequently adjourned proceedings to July1 for hearing of the bail applications.
At the resumed hearing Friday, counsel to the defendants (Ferdinand Orbih, SAN, Ifedayo Adedipe (SAN) and C. I. Ndukwe) argued the applicatFriday
Orbih (SAN) prayed the court to admit the first accused person to bail based on self recognition pending the hearing and determination of the charges preferred against her. He also prayed the court to grant her bail on very liberal terms. Adedipe (SAN), and Ndukwe aligned themselves with Orbih.
However, he stated that where the court decides to exercise its discretion in favour of the defendants, it should impose conditions that will compel them to attend trial.
Justice Hassan consequently adjourned to July 4, 2016 for ruling.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Ex-Ministers Fani-Kayode, Nenadi Usman To Remain In Prison and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt