Estimated Reading Time: <1
Twenty-three state chairmen of the Peoples Democratic Party on Monday in Abuja said that they were in support of the Ahmed Markarfi-led national caretaker committee.
The state chairmen stated this when they paid a solidarity visit to Markarfi and members of his caretaker committee.
They described the faction being led by Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff as illegal and appealed to Sheriff to accept the decision of the national convention, which appointed the former governor of Kaduna State as the chairman of the caretaker committee for the party.
The convention also dissolved the National Working Committee of the party under the leadership of Sheriff.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown