Estimated Reading Time: <1
Angry youths of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Wednesday stormed the secretariat of the party in their hundreds and chased away some members of a faction of the party.
The youths, who arrived the secretariat as early as 7:00am, were armed with placards and leafy tree branches.
The youths harassed Prof. Adewale Oladipo and Alhaji Adewole Adeyanju, sacked National Secretary and National Auditor respectively, when they ventured into the secretariat building to resume duties for the day.
Encircled by the angry youths, the visibly shaken Oladipo pleaded in a subdued voice to be allowed to leave the premises unharmed.
He was eventually released and he hurried away on foot to join his car parked at a safe distance from the secretariat building.
Apparently too frightened to engage the youths in any dialogue, Adeyanju simply escaped through a back gate, abandoning his car in the car lot located in the premises.
Oladipo replaced Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola in 2013 when the latter was forced out in an internal crises while Adeyanju benefited from the sack of his predecessor, Bode Mustapha, who was also eased out in similar circumstances about the same time.
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Atiku, Odili, Na’Abba – the political careers Obasanjo killed
- Magu Probe: Buhari constitutes Justice Salami panel to judicial commission of enquiry
- Yahoo boys becoming role models is a travesty says Diezani Allison-Madueke
- Iroko TV only sucks profit out of Nigeria to take abroad – NBC
- Federal Government distributes 20,000 cocoa seedlings to Imo state farmers