Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Secretary to the Benue State Government, SSG, Mr. Targema Takema late Thursday night reportedly slumped and went into coma at his Makurdi residence.
Reports say Mr. Takema who was immediately rushed to the state owned University Teaching Hospital, BSUTH, was said to be suffering from cardiovascular disease.
“We were told by doctors that he suffered a serious stroke, but he is in stable health condition, we are hopeful that he would get stronger in the coming few days.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Terver Akase who confirmed incident, said the Governor had already visited Mr.Takema at the hospital early Friday morning.
He said, “yes it is true that the SSG slumped, but he was rushed to the hospital where he is in stable condition and also responding to treatment.”
- There could be regrets; Federal Government warns as COVID-19 deaths approach 1,000
- 4.36 million oil barrels lost to power outage, others – NNPC
- Nigeria launches project in Osun to begin gold mining and refining in 2021
- President Buhari signs African Trade Insurance Agency instrument
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs