Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has berated the National Hospital, Abuja, over the transfer of PDP Spokesman Olisa Metuh to a Lagos hospital.
The judge, Justice Okon Abang, berated the hospital when he ruled in an application for adjournment brought by Metuh’s Counsel, Emeka Etaiba (SAN) in Abuja on Friday.
Abang said that the matter was first adjourned on account of a medical report from the National Hospital, Abuja. He said thought the National Hospital report did not states the bed rest duration, the hospital should have informed the court that the defendant had been transferred to another hospital.
The judge said, it was on the strength of the National Hospital report that the case was last adjourned He decried the action of National Hospital, and threatened that because the court was treated with levity, it might not be incline to receive any medical report from the hospital.
“If I ordered investigation into the activities of the National Hospital regarding to Metuh’s medical report many heads will roll.
“I have authority over the management of the hospital because they are under my jurisdiction. The management is not above this court and the law. “
They cannot treat this court with levity; National Hospital has a duty to explain to the court what led to the transfer of Metuh from National Hospital, Abuja, to another hospital in Lagos.
“In any event, I have another medical report issued by Dr Olufemi Bankole from Lagos University Teaching Hospital that Metuh is on bed rest over back pains which he claim.
Abang said the medical report did not disclose the location of the hospital in Lagos. The case is hereby adjourned till July 7 for continuation of trial.
Metuh was arraigned by EFCC on allegations of receiving N400 million meant for fighting insurgency in the North-East from the office of former National Security Adviser retired Col. Sambo Dasuki.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English