Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday appointed his Special Adviser on Planning, Mr. Ben Akabueze, as the new Director-General of the Budget Office of the Federation.
According to a statement, the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, Akabueze takes over from Mr. Tijani Mohammed Abdullahi who would now serve as Special Adviser to the President on Planning and would continue to work with the Minister of Budget and National Planning.
Both Akabueze and Abdullahi, according to the statement, joined the Ministry of Budget and National Planning in February this year.
“Their redeployment is part of an ongoing exercise aimed at further repositioning the Ministry to effectively deliver on its core mandate,” Adesina said.
Akabueze has served as Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning in Lagos State.
- Ayodele Fayose allege irregularities in the recently conducted South-West Congress of the PDP, describing the exercise as a “scam”
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants