Estimated Reading Time: <1
A mild drama ensued at the Senate plenary session on Thursday as Senator Oluremi, the wife of a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, accused the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, of demoting her.
The drama began when Saraki called on Tinubu to second the adoption of votes and proceedings of Tuesday, but asked Senator Andy Uba to move the motion
Senator Tinubu, protested, accused the Senate president of demotion because ?she is a better senator than Uba
Tinubu said: “I will second it grudgingly.
“I won’t thank you for demoting me.
“God is here.
“I was a better senator than him even when we were at the Seventh Senate.
“But I will second the votes and proceedings.”
General laughter followed the comment by Tinubu.
Both Tinubu and Uba came into the Seventh Senate together although the Anambra State Elections Petitions Tribunal cancelled Uba’s election.
But he won the rerun election.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid