Estimated Reading Time: <1
A mild drama ensued at the Senate plenary session on Thursday as Senator Oluremi, the wife of a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, accused the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, of demoting her.
The drama began when Saraki called on Tinubu to second the adoption of votes and proceedings of Tuesday, but asked Senator Andy Uba to move the motion
Senator Tinubu, protested, accused the Senate president of demotion because ?she is a better senator than Uba
Tinubu said: “I will second it grudgingly.
“I won’t thank you for demoting me.
“God is here.
“I was a better senator than him even when we were at the Seventh Senate.
“But I will second the votes and proceedings.”
General laughter followed the comment by Tinubu.
Both Tinubu and Uba came into the Seventh Senate together although the Anambra State Elections Petitions Tribunal cancelled Uba’s election.
But he won the rerun election.
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria