Estimated Reading Time: <1
A mild drama ensued at the Senate plenary session on Thursday as Senator Oluremi, the wife of a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, accused the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, of demoting her.
The drama began when Saraki called on Tinubu to second the adoption of votes and proceedings of Tuesday, but asked Senator Andy Uba to move the motion
Senator Tinubu, protested, accused the Senate president of demotion because ?she is a better senator than Uba
Tinubu said: “I will second it grudgingly.
“I won’t thank you for demoting me.
“God is here.
“I was a better senator than him even when we were at the Seventh Senate.
“But I will second the votes and proceedings.”
General laughter followed the comment by Tinubu.
Both Tinubu and Uba came into the Seventh Senate together although the Anambra State Elections Petitions Tribunal cancelled Uba’s election.
But he won the rerun election.
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits