Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator representing Kaduna central district, Shehu Sani, and other key members of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, in Kaduna State, have announced the formation of a new group within the party called APC Akida.
For months, Kaduna APC has been going through internal crisis resulting from a row between Senator Sani and the state governor, Nasir El-Rufai.
Sani has been accusing the governor of monopolizing the party , while supporters of El-Rufai say the senator has been involved in anti-party activities.
Speaking at a press conference yesterday, a top member of the party in the state, Tom Maiyashi, disclosed that the new group will soon announce its leaders at all levels in the state.
Maiyashi further explained that the APC Akida will be a platform for members of the APC to work for the progress of the party in the state.
He said, “We believe in playing responsible and constructive roles because the government appears to have shut out basic involvement of citizens in governance.”
“We came on board because our party structures do not exist or function in a manner prescribed by our party’s constitution. It does not protect the interests of our members, and one of our key goals is to help reestablish party structure at all levels.”
While pointing out that the APC Akida is not a faction of the APC, he said it was an alternative platform for members of the party to play their part in building a true APC in Kaduna state.
Maiyashi said in the coming weeks, APC Akida would intensify its campaign to mobilise members to protect their “legitimate interests.”
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria
- FG begins ‘systematic maintenance’ of Lagos bridges & drains
- 9 contractors made the shortlist for Fourth Mainland Bridge – Hamzat
- $18.34 million paid as ransom between June 2011 & March 2020: Inside Nigeria’s lucrative kidnap industry
- Allegations of corruption against the National assembly smacks of cheap blackmail – Sen Ajibola Bashiru
- Telecom firms now to pay N1 per km for Right Of Way (RoW) in Kwara
- Ebonyi to shut down some of its social media groups from June 2
- Breaking: Coronavirus cases in Nigeria exceeds 10,000