Estimated Reading Time: <1
FLASH: The Nigerian military early today invaded Oporoza, arriving there in at least 4 warships in search of Niger Delta Avengers
— Sahara Reporters (@SaharaReporters) May 28, 2016
Nigerian Army has described the Niger Delta Avengers as criminals, vowing to crush them.
The Nigerian Military earlier today invaded the Niger Delta communities in search of Avengers & ex-MEND commander, Tompolo, after major attacks.
The Chief of Army Staff, Major General Tukur Buratai who spoke after commissioning an apartment for soldiers and a giant size generating set at the 2 Amphibious Brigade in Port Harcourt said the army will not fold its hands and allow the groups to continue to kill its soldiers on locations in the region.
Major General Buratai also called on communities in the region to help the military fish out members of the Niger Delta Avengers in their midst.
“They have been attacking our troop locations, killing our soldiers. We will not tolerate them. We will deal with them according to the law. We will look for them wherever they are. They are not agitating for anything , they are just into crime. Communities should be patriotic enough to expose these criminals. They have noting to fear. They should help fish out these criminals killing our soldiers, we will not tolerate that. They must come out to help. They have noting to fear. Everybody, every Nigerian should expose these criminals. They have noting to fear,“ he said.
Earlier, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, had commissioned 12 refurbished gunboats at Okrika local government area and a 40 bed space apartment for soldiers in the area. General Olonisakin who was accompanied by other service chiefs to the exercise said security agencies will no longer allow criminals destroy national assets in the region.
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items