Estimated Reading Time: <1
FLASH: The Nigerian military early today invaded Oporoza, arriving there in at least 4 warships in search of Niger Delta Avengers
— Sahara Reporters (@SaharaReporters) May 28, 2016
Nigerian Army has described the Niger Delta Avengers as criminals, vowing to crush them.
The Nigerian Military earlier today invaded the Niger Delta communities in search of Avengers & ex-MEND commander, Tompolo, after major attacks.
The Chief of Army Staff, Major General Tukur Buratai who spoke after commissioning an apartment for soldiers and a giant size generating set at the 2 Amphibious Brigade in Port Harcourt said the army will not fold its hands and allow the groups to continue to kill its soldiers on locations in the region.
Major General Buratai also called on communities in the region to help the military fish out members of the Niger Delta Avengers in their midst.
“They have been attacking our troop locations, killing our soldiers. We will not tolerate them. We will deal with them according to the law. We will look for them wherever they are. They are not agitating for anything , they are just into crime. Communities should be patriotic enough to expose these criminals. They have noting to fear. They should help fish out these criminals killing our soldiers, we will not tolerate that. They must come out to help. They have noting to fear. Everybody, every Nigerian should expose these criminals. They have noting to fear,“ he said.
Earlier, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, had commissioned 12 refurbished gunboats at Okrika local government area and a 40 bed space apartment for soldiers in the area. General Olonisakin who was accompanied by other service chiefs to the exercise said security agencies will no longer allow criminals destroy national assets in the region.
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria
- Nigeria At 60: Let the Nigerian youth keep sleeping
- Nigeria’s diversity can be built on, to become a source of strength – CDD
- Nigeria@60: Full text of President Buhari’s Independence Anniversary Speech
- Nigeria@60: Atiku calls for youth-centred development plan
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1