Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta, MEND, Sunday, dissociated itself from Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, the militant group that took responsibility for the blowing up of key oil installations in Delta and others parts of the region, lately.
Spokesperson of MEND, Jomo Gbomo, in an electronic mail statement, for the release of detained Henry Okah and Charles Okah to pave way for meaningful dialogue on the Niger Delta question, described the Avengers as a tool in the hands of some elements determined to destabilize the President Muhammadu-Buhari government.
Gbomo said that MEND had no reason to break the unilateral ceasefire on hostilities, which it declared May 30, 2014 and would give Buhari more time to stabilize the country ran aground by the ill-fated and directionless regime of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria
- FG begins ‘systematic maintenance’ of Lagos bridges & drains
- 9 contractors made the shortlist for Fourth Mainland Bridge – Hamzat
- $18.34 million paid as ransom between June 2011 & March 2020: Inside Nigeria’s lucrative kidnap industry
- Allegations of corruption against the National assembly smacks of cheap blackmail – Sen Ajibola Bashiru
- Telecom firms now to pay N1 per km for Right Of Way (RoW) in Kwara