Estimated Reading Time: <1
Rescued Chibok girl, Amina Ali Nkeki and her baby , Safiya arrives Presidential Villa meets Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.
The first of the missing Nigerian schoolgirls to be rescued from Boko Haram militants is meeting President Muhammadu Buhari at his villa in Abuja.
Amina Ali Nkeki, 19, was found with a baby by an army-backed vigilante group on Tuesday in the huge Sambisa Forest, close to the border with Cameroon.
She was one of 219 pupils missing since being abducted from a secondary school in the town of Chibok in April 2014.
They were taken by Boko Haram, which is fighting to establish an Islamic state.
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas