Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday met briefly behind closed door with Rivers State Governor, Mr. Nyesom Wike.
The meeting which was held inside the President’s office at the Presidential Villa, Abuja did not last up to 30 minutes.
Wike arrived for the meeting at about 2pm and left a few minutes after.
The agenda of the meeting was not made public.
The governor also did not speak with State House correspondents at the end of the short meeting.
While Buhari belongs to the All Progressives Congress, Wike is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party.
He has been having a running battle with his predecessor who is currently the Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi.
Amaechi who was the Director-General of Buhari’s campaign organisation has been accused of diverting the state’s fund when he was the governor to sponsor the APC campaign.
The minister had since denied the allegation, insisting that he is not a corrupt government official.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid